In the Shadow of Blencathra
From Keswick to Penrith (C2C Day 3)
After an evening of games and well earned rest at the family run Lyzzick Hall Hotel, day 3 of our Coast to Coast ride saw us head from UnderSkiddaw back through Keswick and onto Penrith. In case there wouldn’t be enough climbing we took time out to visit the Keswick Climbing Wall and the famous Castlerigg Stone Circle close nearby. Then we rode up and down, up and down all the way to Penrith, arriving by torchlight well after the sun had set. Not that we saw the sun.
A relaxing night at Lyzzick Hall
Punctures fixed we’re ready to roll
One last look at the Lakeland fells and we’re off East
First stop Keswick Climbing Wall
A moment at Castlerigg Stone Circle
Then onwards in the shadow of Blencathra
On and on to Penrith
Have you taken on a family challenge?
Do leave a comment and tell us about it.
See more of our Winter Coast to Coast (C2C) Photo Journals
- Are you a purist or not bothered?
- Day 1: Setting Out: Workington to Cockermouth
- Day 2: Northern Lakes: Over Whinlatter and into Keswick
- Day 3: In the Shadow of Blencathra: Keswick to Penrith
- Day 4: Goodbye Lakes, Hello Pennines: Penrith to Hartside Summit and Alston
- Day 5: Over the Pennines: Nenthead to Allenhead and onto Consett
- Day 6: Welcome to the North East: Consett to Beamish & Sunderland
- Day 7: The end of the ride: Along the Wear in Sunderland