Over the Pennines: Nenthead, Allenhead & the moors
C2C Day 5
Day 5 of our C2C ride saw us riding through the Pennines Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, not that we got to see too much of it in the swirling mist that dominated the high moorland. After leaving Alston and Nenthead we headed up and down to Allenshead and Rookhope. After four days riding we finally reached the edge of Cumbria, rode briefly in Northumberland and ended the day in Consett, County Durham.
Hello Dick Phillips
Misty on the moors
Out of Cumbria and into Northumberland
This is mining country
Rookhope – not quite in bloom
On the right track
Or is that off the track?
Have you taken on a family challenge?
Do leave a comment and tell us about it.
See more of our Winter Coast to Coast (C2C) Photo Journals
- Are you a purist or not bothered?
- Day 1: Setting Out: Workington to Cockermouth
- Day 2: Northern Lakes: Over Whinlatter and into Keswick
- Day 3: In the Shadow of Blencathra: Keswick to Penrith
- Day 4: Goodbye Lakes, Hello Pennines: Penrith to Hartside Summit and Alston
- Day 5: Over the Pennines: Nenthead to Allenhead and onto Consett
- Day 6: Welcome to the North East: Consett to Beamish & Sunderland
- Day 7: The end of the ride: Along the Wear in Sunderland