Ride’s End: The Wear, Sunderland (C2C Day 7)
We expected to finish our Coast to Coast ride on Friday night, but after helping out the striking miners at Beamish, then dealing with a puncture, we ended up rolling up at the Premier Inn Sunderland in the dark and it didn’t seem like such a good idea. We didn’t see much of the start in Workington due to freezing fog and didn’t fancy finishing in the cold and dark. So we waited till Sunday morning, when the sun finally showed up in Sunderland, making for a glorious last few miles to find the official finish point.
Ready to finish after a good night’s sleep
Sunderland lives up to its sunny name
It’s sculptures all the way
Still time to stop and think
Before finding the C2C route end
Time for one last ritual
Have you taken on a family challenge?
Do leave a comment and tell us about it.
See more of our Winter Coast to Coast (C2C) Photo Journals
- Are you a purist or not bothered?
- Day 1: Setting Out: Workington to Cockermouth
- Day 2: Northern Lakes: Over Whinlatter and into Keswick
- Day 3: In the Shadow of Blencathra: Keswick to Penrith
- Day 4: Goodbye Lakes, Hello Pennines: Penrith to Hartside Summit and Alston
- Day 5: Over the Pennines: Nenthead to Allenhead and onto Consett
- Day 6: Welcome to the North East: Consett to Beamish & Sunderland
- Day 7: The end of the ride: Along the Wear in Sunderland