Up Hartside Summit to Alston: C2C Day 4
Day 4 of our C2C ride took us from Penrith, up and into the Pennines and onto Alston, one of England’s highest market towns. After several overcast days it was a pleasure to see the sun. Oh and the snow on the climb up to Hartside Summit.
At Little Salkeld, a rest before the climb
No time to visit the stone circles
Incentives are what it’s all about
Snowballs on the way up
But disappointment at Hartside Summit
A frozen moment and then the descent
Into Alston for a warm up
Have you taken on a family challenge?
Do leave a comment and tell us about it.
See more of our Winter Coast to Coast (C2C) Photo Journals
- Are you a purist or not bothered?
- Day 1: Setting Out: Workington to Cockermouth
- Day 2: Northern Lakes: Over Whinlatter and into Keswick
- Day 3: In the Shadow of Blencathra: Keswick to Penrith
- Day 4: Goodbye Lakes, Hello Pennines: Penrith to Hartside Summit and Alston
- Day 5: Over the Pennines: Nenthead to Allenhead and onto Consett
- Day 6: Welcome to the North East: Consett to Beamish & Sunderland
- Day 7: The end of the ride: Along the Wear in Sunderland