The Happy Half and Unhappy Half
From: Matthew and Cameron
Subject: The Happy Half and The Unhappy Half
Place: Fairlie, MacKenzie District, New Zealand
Time to take stock and get a kids view of travel
After six weeks travelling we thought it was time for a review of the trip so far, so we asked Matthew and Cameron to tell us about the Happy Half (thumbs up) and the Unhappy Half (thumbs down) of the big trip so far. And here’s what they had to say, unedited, unabridged and in the order it all came out.
The happy half
Matthew says thumbs up to….
“I say the happy half is…
- Puppy The Wuppy
- My little dolly
- I really liked seeing Mount Cook
- I like short times in the buggy
- My magnetic drawing board
- Squawker farts (Dad doesn’t like those)
- Staying in a cabin or house or something is nice cos we don’t get rain on our tent
- Sweeties and sweety shops
- All places that have playgrounds
- The big playground
- Puppy’s not left in Mount Cook, that’s good
- All my toys in my rucksack
- Bunk beds
- Glow worm caves”
Cameron says thumbs up to….
“I like the happy half….
- My Snoop
- My squeaky
- The yellow playground
- Mount Cook, Lamby’s there
- New Zealand
- Bicycles, our bicycles
- The Happy Half
- You Dad
- Me and you and mummy and Matthew”
The Unhappy Half
Matthew says thumbs down to…
“I don’t like….
- Rain on this big trip
- When Cameron is being naughty
- When I’m being naughty I don’t really like myself doing that
- I don’t like being in the buggy for too long
- I don’t like Puppy being naughty when I sit and he lies down
- Camping in the rain
- Places that don’t have playgrounds”
Cameron says thumbs down to….
“I don’t like…
- The happy half
- No puddings”