Wildplay in Whinlatter & ride to Keswick (C2C Day 2)
Day 2 of our Coast to Coast ride took us from Cockermouth to Keswick, via the Whinlatter Pass. Leaving the coastal plain behind, we headed up Lorton Vale, then up and over the Whinlatter Pass heading for the North Lakes market town of Keswick. Here’s our photo journal from Day 2 of the tour.
Cockermouth is quiet this Monday morning
The butcher’s is open and doing its business
We ride up Lorton Vale in the mist
And on up the Whinlatter Pass
Spring is in the air
And encouragement all around
We stop for wild play in Whinlatter
And then head down and into Keswick
Have you taken on a family challenge?
Do leave a comment and tell us about it.
See more of our Winter Coast to Coast (C2C) Photo Journals
- Are you a purist or not bothered?
- Day 1: Setting Out: Workington to Cockermouth
- Day 2: Northern Lakes: Over Whinlatter and into Keswick
- Day 3: In the Shadow of Blencathra: Keswick to Penrith
- Day 4: Goodbye Lakes, Hello Pennines: Penrith to Hartside Summit and Alston
- Day 5: Over the Pennines: Nenthead to Allenhead and onto Consett
- Day 6: Welcome to the North East: Consett to Beamish & Sunderland
- Day 7: The end of the ride: Along the Wear in Sunderland