Dip your toes in the Irish sea: starting the C2C
Sunday was our first day on our winter C2C tour. The C2C is a classic coast to coast cycle route across Northern England with a couple of different start and finish points some and a variety of on and off road options. The route we’ve chosen starts in Workington on the West Coast and will take us to Sunderland on the East Coast, crossing the Lake District National Park and the Pennines. Here’s a little photo essay from our first foggy day on the trail. Not that we got to see much!
No mention of the C2C at the Adventure hub
Our ride starts in foggy Workington
After a little drama we were ready to go
First stop, the start!
And then the traditional dipping of the toes
Have you taken on a family challenge?
Do leave a comment and tell us about it.
See more of our Winter Coast to Coast (C2C) Photo Journals
- Are you a purist or not bothered?
- Day 1: Setting Out: Workington to Cockermouth
- Day 2: Northern Lakes: Over Whinlatter and into Keswick
- Day 3: In the Shadow of Blencathra: Keswick to Penrith
- Day 4: Goodbye Lakes, Hello Pennines: Penrith to Hartside Summit and Alston
- Day 5: Over the Pennines: Nenthead to Allenhead and onto Consett
- Day 6: Welcome to the North East: Consett to Beamish & Sunderland
- Day 7: The end of the ride: Along the Wear in Sunderland